Monday 24 November 2008

border crossing

Good news. Andy 'Wild' West completed the CDT - his word for the experience - Awesome.

Hi everyone,

I finally got to the border on the 21st after a fairly straight forward 120 mile section. Well sort of, here are some keywords:
Road walking, rattlesnakes, private land-no trespass, thorny bushes, border patrol, helicopters, drug runners and illegals, no water, stealth camping (no cooking), painful blisters, F1-11's, friendly ranchers & border patrol, hot days, freezing nights, coyotes, eagles. The finish!

OK I said fairly straight forward. Needless to say I was glad to get picked up and whisked away from the border.

I will be writing a page or so of highlights, thoughts, etc and send that out. I could write a book, we shall see where it takes me.
For now I'm just going to relax for a while let my feet rest and probably start training again pretty soon. Looking forward to doing some weights and putting on some weight although I have only lost maybe 15 pounds.

Andy

No comments: