Monday 3 November 2008

elan valley

To cut a long blog short the above trip was abandoned due to on going knee issue.

Damn.


Me.

The Golite Reed Pants bought from Mark at ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk got about ten minutes of testing, so I'm not going to write a review just yet.

My Meindl boots behaved themselves and didn't let in any water so I'm going to test them in a bowl of water with a rolled up newspaper before I decide whether or not to send them back.

I'm not doing any more weekend trips until I get my knee sorted.

4 comments:

Marcus said...

Sorry to hear about your knee issue baz. I can empathise with you as the Wast Water fells trip had to be....re-worked to account for my own knee problem.

I've been recommended Glucosamine 1500mg and I've ordered some to try out. Apparently good for cartilage/joint problems. Let you know how I get on.

baz carter said...

Same here when I read about your knee problem on your lakes trip.

I've started taking cod liver oil capsules which are supposed to help.

A pair of poles are on the shopping list.

Anonymous said...

Nothing more frustrating than a mechanical failure stopping you in your tracks.
Always when the weather is good too.

baz carter said...

Luckily I've found out that work has AA/RAC cover for me.

Should be back on my feet in no time.